Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Food and Easy recipes is what we all love!

When your working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. It gets hard to decide what you're going to make for Dinner.  Maybe I can be of some help to you.

These aren't fancy meals just every day meals. I hope you will enjoy them.


It's always nice to cook a Homemade meal and is better for the whole family.
You can literately make a meal out of nothing and anything.


You just have to know what spices and ingredients go together when you are cooking. Don't be afraid to learn from your mistakes.

I'm Ramona, nice to meet you! I'm originally from Germany living in the USA for over 20 years now. My Grandmother and Mother were born in Czechoslovakia then ventured to Austria and Germany where I was born. I met & married a "GI". My husband was in the United States Army back then. We have two, now grown children and five Grand-children.
I periodically make trips back home to Germany.
I will include some of my family's German Traditional Recipes in case you might like to try them.

I am dedicating this site to my Grand children so they will always have something to remember me by.



Foods aren't like they used to be 15-20 years ago. Today food has become very expensive and in my opinion lacking in nutrition and taste.
The consumers, food corporations are pretty much taking people for granted. 
 So they stick it to us hard. Hand in hand with them are quite a few grocery stores that also stick it to us with high priced foods. Some stores don't even care about the expiration dates any more. 

Let me tell you why I feel like this. The town I live in we don't have many options for shopping. Grocery or any other. So they charge us UN-godly prices for non-variety of foods. When I said non-variety it's because we are limited in the kinds of foods we can by. The stores here in my town seem to buy what they want us to have. Not what we would like to have.

One day this particular grocery store had a package of cherry tomatoes on sale for .99 cents.
Wow!!! I got excited and was ready to scoop as many up as I could until I started examining them. You just won't believe the devastation and madness that came over me! The tomatoes had furry mold on them. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!


When I found the produce manager he just said " that's why they are on sale". 

I just looked at him dumbfounded and put the tomatoes back. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes. No sense in getting mad or depressed about it. I just won't buy them.

I got side tracked...got to get back to the recipes. hahaha


One item  must have in your kitchen are,  "Knorr Bouillon Cubes". 


It's best to have all the flavors like beef, chicken and vegetable. That way you'll have them handy for any dish you cook. Knorr Bouillon cubes are not as salty as other bouillon cubes. You can use them in all your recipes to enhance flavor. The flavors come in chicken, beef, and vegetable. Knorr also has gravy, noodle meals, and much more. I have been using them for over 20 years. I also keep "Maggi cubes handy too. These two brands are really popular in Germany. My Grandmother and Mother used Knorr and Maggi products. I just kept the tradition going. It trickled down further to my Daughter, she uses them also. I have tried other brands but they just weren't as good as Knorr ( in my opinion) because the other brands have to much salt for my liking. Not much flavor. But, Knorr has a real chicken stock flavor. The Beef has beef flavor. There are teeny, tiny vegetables in the cubes. 
Celery, carrot's, onions, parsley and herbs.

Not only do I love to cook, I also enjoy creating websites about all things that have helped me in my life and share them with people so that they can also benefit from life experiences.
Things like:
* How to build a web store
* How to treat Acne and Rosacea
* Wonders of Dead Sea Salt and how it can help your skin

These are just a few of my many sites, but I won't go into all of that since this site is about  Food recipes.


If you liked and used any of these recipes a small donation would be greatly appreciated to show your support. Thank you and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment